Thursday, March 27, 2014

Winter '14

It has been a great winter for skiing; if you are into and can stand the freezing cold.  

The temperatures have been a more than 'chilly' compared to the last few years.  I actually believe that we have been spoiled and this year was a reminder of how winters typically are...cold, filled with snow and feeling like they will last 'forever'. 

We are in our last week of March with temperatures in the 30's.  Doesn't feel so bad and it's looking like there is light at the end of this tunnel called winter.

With all that said...it has been an amazing ski season! The tip was to layer and bundle :) What really made it a winter to remember was the fact that my daughter has learned to ski and can even ride the chairlift! 

To say I am excited about this isn't enough.  My dream is to have every Saturday morning with her taking first tracks at Pats Peak, our local mountain. And I really think it's how we are going to kick off next ski season! 

Morgan was able to take ski lessons through her school and had an a great time with all of her friends

Morgan's last lesson of the season.  Ski'd off with the instructor and hopped on the lift! 
I also was able to get some great skiing in! New gear & equipment + amazing snow = HEAVEN

The best kind of winter selfie!


And it's all in my backyard!


My favorite trail, top to bottom! 

Thanks for reading my winter post...enjoy the summer! 


No comments: