Friday, July 4, 2014

How do you do your shakeo?

Every weekday morning I wake up at 4:25 AM. Sometimes even before my alarm.  I am a 'special' kind of person that gets excited for her workout.  Beachbody has so many to choose from and they all do different things for my attitude and body.  The most exciting part of my morning is determining which flavor Shakeology I'm going to have and what I am going to add to it to make it that much more wonderful.


One of my favorite is the chocolate shakeology with 1 cup of almond milk, 2 cups of ice and my favorite coffee! Starting off my day with my cup of coffee and shakeology...BOOM!

When I became a coach with Beachbody (not fitness nor nutritional but motivational and inspirational) I had a lot of folks getting excited about the workouts but not really understanding how to 'use' the shakeology.

Shakeology is best after you workout however can be used as a meal replacement or a snack during your day.  It is filled with all the vitamins and minerals you need as well as jam packed full of super foods that block cravings and bring that glow back to my face after a hard workout.  

It is one of the best 'shakes' I have had. I don't call it a protein shake because while it does contain protein, either Whey or Vegan, it is so much more! 

Some pointers...
1. Do not simply put a scoop of Shakeology in water and try to stir it...it's clumps.
2. Use a mixer cup or better yet, a blender.
3. Add ice to make it into a cold smoothie.
4. Almond milk is a great substitute for cows milk and only has 30 calories per 8 oz.
5. Don't be scared to get creative...add fruit, graham crackers, coffee, maple syrup*

*Try to remember that even though Shakeology is 140 calories, whatever you add into it also adds to the calories...my whole goal is to add things that enhance the flavor but doesn't add unnecessary calories.
Example: PB2 is a great substitute for peanut butter, 85% less the calories! 

Check out this video I created showing a creative recipe I heard about and had to try along with the best way to mix up your shakeology.

[Excuse my wide eyed expression here :)] 

Enjoy! Please comment and share you favorite Shakeology recipe! 

~Learn more about Shakeology here
~Consider joining a winning team, mine :) 

No comments: