Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Using images to help motivate and inspire

I love using my creative juices to help motivate others through fun images.  Every photo I take with my phone I see as a potential inspiration or motivator piece.

Here is an example, I am currently on bed rest from a recent surgery and I am covered in a pink blanket. I took a quick picture, added some words and boom...something that gets someone to push play tomorrow morning!

It makes something like working out more fun. Some folks have a long, hard journey ahead of them and positive motivation and things that help inspire them are huge.  I know they were important for me to keep at the front of my mind at 250 lbs. What was I working so hard for? What was going to make me get up every morning and push play?  This is my why! My daughter has helped to open my eyes and transform my life.

She has amazing energy and all I wanted was to be able to grow with her and keep up with her, to show her all that this world has to offer her.  Thoughts like that made me create this image...
There are so many images and sayings out there ... all I have to do is to match my audiences attitude. To provide them that knowledge that it is going to be a hard, up hill road but I am here to help them, to push them, to support them and to pick them up when they fall.  We all have bad days, heck; bad weeks and it's fine.  Just remember to get up, brush yourself off and dive in full steam ahead again.
Other things that I create are from the shirts I might be wearing or what I look like after a hard fought run.

I like to share what I am doing in my fitness journey, to show my followers my before and after pictures because I am no different than any of them.  I just found my 'why' and focused on it and determined to succeed.  Decide. Commit. Succeed.  Of course, always remembering my goals.
And something to always keep in mind. Keep it light...sometimes you need to sit back and laugh a little. Laugh at your form. You know, that form you just can't get, that move that Shaun T is doing and you have watched over and over again and still find yourself just jumping around for the whole 30 seconds he is doing it because you don't get it.  #TrueStory :) 
You could freak out and throw stuff or keep calm and workout :) 

Do images like these help motivate you? Do you like funny, serious, spiritual or a good mix of different kinds?  

No comments: